Michigan Facelift Malpractice Lawyer
Plastic surgery is a personal decision. People get facelifts for numerous reasons. Whether it is to tighten loose skin or deepen the fold lines between your nose and mouth, the hope is that the procedure will result in a more youthful appearance. A successful facelift surgery can reverse the negative aesthetic effects of aging, stress, and exposure to the elements.
Unfortunately, not all facelift procedures go according to plan. A negligent doctor may make promises that he could not keep or suggest procedures that may not have been approved by the FDA. The result can be emotionally draining. Not only will you have to deal with the embarrassment of a visibility botched procedure, you will also have to carry the financial burden to fix those mistakes.
At the hands of a negligent plastic surgeon, you may have experienced one or more of the following:
- Scarring – Some scarring is expected after surgery, however, after a facelift visible scarring can be problematic.
- Nerve Damage – Occurs when nerves are stretched out or cut. This can lead to potential difficulties with motor functions or weakness and paralysis in muscles.
- Incorrect Medication – Can lead to serious allergic reactions or injury
- Emotional Distress – Going into any surgery is stressful enough, however a medical procedure gone wrong can cause you to experience fear, anxiety, embarrassment or even post-traumatic stress disorder.
- Negligence – Can be caused by a breach in duty of care by doctor
- Pain and Swelling – While some pain and swelling is expected after surgery, the prolonging of those symptoms may be the result of an infection.
An experienced plastic surgeon is trained in their profession to advise on procedures for the best possible outcomes. Through your initial consultation, your surgeon should be able to identify possible problems to avoid during surgery. The only way to know if your negative results were because of the actions of your surgeon would be to have a meeting with the surgeon and a Michigan malpractice lawyer on your side.
Cosmetic surgeons are equipped with some of the best lawyers who may make attempts to hinder your chances of receiving the compensation you deserve.They may even offer you a settlement to quell the situation quickly. It is important that you speak to a lawyer before taking any settlement. A Michigan malpractice lawyer will be able to communicate with the doctors and insurance providers on your behalf.
In malpractice cases, time will not be on your side, but a lawyer will be. Contact us online or give us a call at (248) 886-8650 to get in touch with one of our attorneys.