Bay County Car Accident Attorney
Car accidents can happen in an instant and have an effect that lasts months — even years — afterward. As a car accident victim, you must navigate the legal system and discover how the car accident claims process works. Those who meet with a Bay County car accident attorney can be made aware of possible damages to seek compensation for. Experienced attorneys will fight with insurance companies to ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve.
Compensation in Bay County Car Accident Cases
Depending on the specifics of the case, you may be entitled to the following:
- Coverage of loss wages: The insurance company pays the amount you would have made if able to work during the time of your injury.
- No-fault benefits: Your insurance company pays for property damages and injury treatment. No-fault insurance is required in the state of Michigan by law.
- Disability compensation: The insurance company also pays for the incurred expense on medical treatment.
- Medical attendant care: If you require physical assistance like nursing care at home or treatment center, the insurance company will pay for all these expenses.
- Payment for household services: The insurance company will have to pay a relative or a helper who is assisting you with daily tasks you are unable to perform.
- Pain and suffering: You can receive compensation if you experienced emotional discomfort, distress, mental agony, or lost companionship.
Common Car Accident Injuries
Car accidents can result in a range of injuries that may ultimately be short- or long-term. Common car accident injuries include:
- Back injuries
- Broken bones
- Torn ligaments
- Nerve damage
- Traumatic brain injury
Due to the existing laws in the state of Michigan, if you fail to request compensation within a given period or through the proper channels, your insurance company can deny benefits. They are also not entitled to inform you about your rights and claims in a car accident case. If you don’t ask for the benefits, you may never receive any. A Bay County car accident attorney can ensure you get the compensation entitled to you by law. Contact us today for a free case evaluation with a qualified attorney.