Michigan Wrongful Death Lawyer
An accidental death is just that, “accidental,” but you shouldn’t have to accept that as the explanation or conclusion for the loss of a loved one at the hands of another due to neglect, misinformation, or carelessness. While it is true that you can’t place a value on human life, it is even more disheartening when that life is of a loved one and someone dear to you. But you are entitled to know what happened, why, and who’s responsible for the outcome that lead to the death of that person so near and dear to you. As well you should have those answers and while compensation won’t bring that person back, it can help with expenses and grief left in the absence of that particular person in your life.
According to the Michigan Department of Community Health, there were close to 96,000 Hospitalizations for Injury and Poisoning, over 5,500 deaths from fatal injuries, and close to 3,500 deaths from unintentional injuries. Unintentional injuries make up more than 33% of hospitalization deaths and rank as the fifth greatest cause of death in Michigan. With these numbers, there has to be some accountability for the loss of so many lives.
Wrongful death can come as a result of any of the following:
- A negligent or careless act such as a negligent driver.
- Motor vehicle/trucking accident caused by a defective vehicle or vehicle part.
- Reckless act by another person such as an attack, assault and/or battery that results in the death of an individual.
- An intentional act by another person such as a deliberate murder.
- A death during a medical operation, the neglect of a doctor, hospital or nursing home, and the use of defective drugs or medication.
- A death in the course of another crime.
- A company’s negligence in the enforcement of safety regulations.
- The use of faulty equipment or tools.
- A property owner who fails to meet safety regulations.
It is never easy to get along with your life after the loss of a loved one, but a personal injury attorney can help you get compensation for your loss and help you on the road to recovery. No one can ever replace your loved one but a Michigan wrongful death attorney can help you in your recovery after such a great loss due to someone else’s carelessness or negligence.